Learning about herbs has inspired the children to spent time nettle bashing the paths and experimenting with the nettles, soaking, squeezing, eating and cooking them. Another group play herbal vets where they collected herbs to heal their imaginary animals.
This is a beautiful illustration of how this nurturing and empowering environment leads children to inspire one another in their life learning whilst also acquiring and consolidating their own knowledge. It is a joy to see and be part of.
- Sit Spot observing the Great Tits feeding their young
- A new observational practice when nature journalling
- Lewella's presentation Herbal Medicines
- Welcoming Oscar who was visiting this week
- Enjoying some delicious muffins from Oscar
- Seeing Janet and Henry who did a wonderful job of cleaning the yurt
- Playing wild craft
- Having Jen Jackson volunteering, a forest school leader and friend of the project
- Jen showed us how to make flags using natural dyes and we toasted Marshmallows round the fire.
- Fox walking up to a peacock butterfly and the group getting really close
- Beautiful sunshine
- Connection with parents as they have joined us in the sun at social integration
- Made spit poultices with plantain
- Drank dandelion syrup with cleansing properties